Hi Vikas,

I don't post the messages for the parties, but I am involved in their
organisation. Not sure why you think these postings might hide an
ulterior purpose - they seem to me to be doing just what they state,
informing people about a party in Bombay!

The reason we post them so widely is in fact because we receive
requests from people in fairly dispersed places to send them
information about GB parties. Every GB party has a substantial
contingent of people from outside Bombay. People from these other
areas aren't generally planning trips specially for the parties, but
many of them are keen on combining other trips to Bombay with coming
for the parties if they're on. Hence the wide dissemination of info
about the parties.

I dislike spam as much as you do and I agree that there are
circumstances in which too many such messages can be a pain. If there
were many parties, for example, then multiple barrages of multiple
messages could really be a nuisance. But GB is the only one holding
such parties regularly and that being the case - and the fact that
you can quickly delete or skip the mails - is this really such a
nuisance?

Vikram

Digest Mode:- [EMAIL PROTECTED] (attachments are removed in the digest mode.
You get one or two  digest mails  per day containing all emails, minus
pictures/attachments)

Rss feed: http://www.mail-archive.com/gay_bombay@yahoogroups.com/maillist.xml

Archives are at
http://www.mail-archive.com/gay_bombay%40yahoogroups.com/maillist.html