Dear Sumeet,

I have never responded to anybody's mail with the frequency I am
responding to yours. Reading your mails give me a perverted sort of glee.

This thread started when someone suggested to a hapless youth to go on
and get married (I don't remember exactly who, but my best guess would
be you). I have nothing against married gay men; after all it is their
life and I have no right to tell them anything about anything. But I
am against people like you who advocate giving in to familial and
social pressures for marriage. Marrying a girl who is not aware of
your sexual orientation is not right and it will never be.

As far as steady relationships amongst gays are concerned, there are
as many as there can be given the conditions prevalent in society. If
homosexuality was as accepted as heterosexuality then I am sure you'd
be able to find enough commited couples around to bolster your faith
that homosexuals have as much ability to commit to life long
partenerships - as heterosexuals. Even now there are many; but I
guess, someone who is gay only when he is not "dedicatedly working at
his job" or "professing platonic love to his wife", there are slim
chances of seeing such people; because then you'd be coming across
other such part time gays.

I am happily settled down with my partner of three years and we know
some half a dozen other such couples who have been together for years
ranging between 2 to 19.

Digest Mode:- [EMAIL PROTECTED] (attachments are removed in the digest mode.
You get one or two  digest mails  per day containing all emails, minus
pictures/attachments)

Rss feed: http://www.mail-archive.com/gay_bombay@yahoogroups.com/maillist.xml

Archives are at
http://www.mail-archive.com/gay_bombay%40yahoogroups.com/maillist.html