Gays may not be the only people getting into loveless  marriages knowingly, but this is a gay list so we are bound to discuss gay people here.

The fact that straight people do something does not justify it.

Why do you assume that people who have written here criticizing gay men who succumbed to marriage pressures, have done nothing to help someone who is under such pressure ?

Regards
Salil

Karna Mehta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
just a thought...another opinion not expressed so far...

gays are being critisized for marraying and spoiling a girl's life.
Are the gays the only one doing this?

How many hetrosexuals spoil girls life calmly by entering into a loveless
marraige due to parental pressures,need for money,tying up two families and so
many other numerous reasons.

I am not justifying either case. But only highlighting that only the gays do not
enter a loveless marraige. In case of hetrosexuals the loveless marraige may
account for more than 50% in case of India.Just mull it over. Amongst
hetrosexuals the loveless marraige numbers must be staggering.

Again not all gays are that educated or self confident, or financially
independent or that courageous to face society by coming out or that independent
to face life alone.

Gays are also human with all their fallacies. In this discussion we are not
being practical in my humble opinion. Thetre can be no one view on gay
marraiges. Circumstances, personality of the gay, financial conditions force
many to compromise on so many issues that is against their consience . But he
has to be practical to continue with life the way he can handle it. And not all
men can handle or are capable of handling a given situation in the best/moral
way. comprmise and being practical is LIFE.

And so the gay or hetrosexual choose a path that they can handle. And in my
opinion no one has a right to pass a judgement on this unless he helps the
person to overcome or alter the conditions dictating his choice.

Am I wrong?.....

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag

http://www.mail-archive.com/gay_bombay%40yahoogroups.com/maillist.html

> Classifieds for personal advertisements are back on www.gaybombay.info
> site. Please exercise restraint in the language of your personal
> advertisement.
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

Jiyo cricket on Yahoo! India cricket