Vikas,

Isnt it a bit odd to say that most of the 20 odd lists you are subscribed to (phew !) are all completely silent (not believable) and you want them to not even have the _only_ activity they have - the GB party announcement ? :))

cheers
salil

Vikas Pandey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Walnut,

Nice to get an opportunity to hear from you.

I am not at all against organizing of the party. All I am saying is that
such type of mass-mailing is not a good practice.

I have visited pages of several such yahoogroups and I have found that
DM/DSM's gayparty mails are the only mails appearing on their pages.
There is no other activity in those groups, but those 50 or 100 mails
inviting non-existant, non-interested members to gayparties are there.

I get that invitation from 20 lists which I am a member of.

Maybe, a separate announcement-only mailing list can be thought of to
cater to such invitation announcements.
--
Vicky

Jiyo cricket on Yahoo! India cricket

This message was posted to the gay_bombay Yahoo! Group. Responses to messages (by clicking "Reply") will also be posted on the eGroup and sent to all members. If you'd like to respond privately to the author of any message then please compose and send a new email message to the author's email address.

Post:-  gay_bombay@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Unsubscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Digest Mode:- [EMAIL PROTECTED] (attachments are removed in the digest mode. You get one or two  digest mails  per day containing all emails, minus pictures/attachments)
Contact Us:-  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Rss feed: http://www.mail-archive.com/gay_bombay@yahoogroups.com/maillist.xml