Not just nit-picking, but surely some editing would be nice??
" Philip Seymour Hoffman played Al Capone"  WTF??

*Mumbai Mirror*< http://www.mumbaimirror.com/nmirror/mmpaper.asp?sectid=10&articleid=32920062238412033292006223736859>

An actor refusing to do a homosexual role is an insult to a minority

*Director Rituparno Ghosh talks about why Bollywood needs to come out of the
closet*

*Subhash K Jha *

*There are several major mainstream Hollywood films on homosexuality. What
did you think of Ang Lee's Brokeback Mountain?
*
I'd rate Onirban's My Brother Nikhil much higher. I didn't like Brokeback
Mountain at all. In fact I quite hated it. I was put off by the abruptness
with which the love scenes between the two male actors came on. I thought
they were unnecessarily sensational and seemed to be put there for
titillation. The director was also apologetic about his protagonists' mutual
attraction. The idea seems to be, 'Look they aren't gay. But when two
heterosexual males are thrown together in solitude, love may happen'. I
found it contrived. I feel filmmakers who have no respect for sexuality – in
any form – should refrain from comment. Ang Lee needed to do more research
on homosexual behaviour. I did historical research for Antar Mahal and
Chokher Bali. Or I'd have made a fool of myself. In fact the other
Oscar-nominated film Capote which had a gay hero, was far superior. Philip
Seymour Hoffman played Al Capone with such textured velocity.

*Did the central relationship between Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllanhall in
Bokeback Mountain work for you?*

No. Firstly the ambience was too pretty and it took away from the central
relationship. Given a choice between the shots of nature and the human

This message was posted to the gay_bombay Yahoo! Group. Responses to messages (by clicking "Reply") will also be posted on the eGroup and sent to all members. If you'd like to respond privately to the author of any message then please compose and send a new email message to the author's email address.

Post:-  gay_bombay@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Unsubscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Digest Mode:- [EMAIL PROTECTED] (attachments are removed in the digest mode. You get one or two  digest mails  per day containing all emails, minus pictures/attachments)
Contact Us:-  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Rss feed: http://www.mail-archive.com/gay_bombay@yahoogroups.com/maillist.xml