DesiQ 2006
Trikone P.O. Box 14161
San Francisco, CA 94114
U.S.A.

April 02, 2006

Dear GB list members,

We invite you to partner with South Asian lesbian, gay, bisexual,
and transgender (LGBT) organizations and allies, from around the
globe for DesiQ2006.

DesiQ is an international conference, held every five years in San
Francisco, California that brings together the queer South Asian
community to address a wide range of issues—everything from
political activism to health to social networking
.  At the conference, we plan to offer
 a range of workshops, panel discussions, keynote speakers, informal
networking and cultural programs encouraging healthy discussions and
exchange of ideas. And of course, it will be a venue to meet old
friends and make new ones as we all celebrate our South Asian LGBT
identities.

We are optimistic that this year's conference will be our best one
yet.
  This year's conference will begin on June 21, 2006 and will
culminate with a magnificent Gala banquet which will be the
forerunner to
San Francisco's LGBT Pride festivities.  We will participate in the
Dyke March and also march with a magnificent float at the SF Pride
parade on
June 25, 2006. For more information, please visit
http://www.desiq.org/.
We strongly encourage you to submit workshop proposals to the
DesiQ's Workshop Committee.   We are looking forward to your input
and participation. For DesiQ 2000, we had an outstanding attendance
of 170 people, and we anticipate a greater attendance this year. Our
success is a combined effort between many presenting organizations
and individuals. DesiQ2006 can be most effective if you talented
individuals around the world take part ownership, bring in your
creativity, and provide your valuable input. Your participation will
ensure your most passionate topics/issues are addressed during the
conference.

For your workshop to be considered by the DesiQ Workshop Committee,
please send us your workshop proposal addressing the criteria listed
below and email it to, [EMAIL PROTECTED] .
The deadline for submission is April 30, 2006.   Please advise us if
you have special circumstances where you need us to make an early
decision for acceptance of your workshop proposal.

 Send us an email (not an attachment) with the following
information:

1)
Workshop Title

2)     Workshop Summary (max two sentences)

3)
Workshop description (max two paragraphs)

4)
Workshop Format (ex. Panel Discussion, Speaker, Video with
Discussion, etc.)

5)     Workshop Agenda and Duration

6)
Primary Speaker/Organizer: Name, Contact Information, Title,
Affiliation and Brief Biography

7)     Other Speakers: Name, Purpose, Contact Information,
Affiliation, and Brief Biography

8)     Your AV Requirements (TV, Projector, DVD, etc.)

You are also welcome to help with DesiQ.  For more information on
how you can join one of our five committees, please visit,
http://www.desiq.org/get_involved.htm.
We look forward to meeting you at the conference either as a
workshop leader or as an attendee.
Please help us spread the word about DesiQ!

Sincerely,

Alok

On behalf of DesiQ 2006
http://www.desiq.org/

Digest Mode:- [EMAIL PROTECTED] (attachments are removed in the digest mode.
You get one or two  digest mails  per day containing all emails, minus
pictures/attachments)

Rss feed: http://www.mail-archive.com/gay_bombay@yahoogroups.com/maillist.xml

Archives are at
http://www.mail-archive.com/gay_bombay%40yahoogroups.com/maillist.html