That made we weep a bit.  THANK YOU for posting it.  It didn't have
any answers ... but it had hope!, and that's all you usually get in
life. HOPE.  Bless you.

Peter

--- In gay_bombay@yahoogroups.com, Carmen Baez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Hello to  all:
>
>   I am a straight female from a puerto rican family.  Mark, I am
going to tell you about my brother who is gay.  As you may or may not
know the latino culture is full of machismo, and very very catholic.
My brother is one of 7 sons my father has, and six daughters.  My
father expected his all of his children to grow up and have families,
hard working , honest , family men, what he deemed to be the natural
order of things.  Everyone thought there was something wrong with my
brother mentally, they never ever suspected or contemplated that he
was homosexual.  They thought he was and treated him as though he was
mentally impaired .  My brother did not act feminine or anything like
that I dont even think he knew he was gay for a long time.  It was
just unheard of in our culture. Well to get to the point , I think
you under estimate your family, because as my brother became a man
and became aware of who he was he met a gentlemen and began a secret
relationship and it was as if a
>  flower where flourishing, my brother was no longer acting like the
person who was mentally impaired, he became the kind of man my father
wanted him to be.  My brother started a home with this man, (they
have no children )  but they are happy.  And although my brother
never actually came out to our family everyone is just happy that he
is happy, and I personally heard my father say in a private moment to
my mother, "i dont agree with my sons lifestyle but i am glad he is
happy, he is a good son, a good brother and a good man"  my father
only wished he would have children.  My father was proud of my
brother till the day he died.  My brother and his companion of 16
years where at my dads funeral together.  So dont under estimate
those who love you. and never ever think you have the right to take
the life that god and your parents gave to you.

> asfan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>             Hi Joy,
>   It may be difficult, but not impossible, to say no to marriage.
>   There are hundreds of us who are still in the closet yet still
unmarried.
>   I am 67  yo and still unmarried. When my mother was insisting I
get
>   married (my father had died while I was still studying) I would
just  say
>   I didn't want to get married and give no reason for saying so. Of
course,
>   she died disappointed but I think it was all for the better.
>
> You have only relatives to contend with.  Which would make things
easier.
>   Also, your staying abroad makes it easier.
>
>   I am sure that if you have patience and wait you may meet someone
of
>   your liking.
>
>   As for contemplating suicide, FORGET IT.  Immerse yourself in
your work.
>   Go out and meet friends.  Or  take the help of a counselor.
Suicide is not the
>   answer.  Be brave and face the world.  You won't be the first and
you won't be the last!!

>   Wishing you all the best,
>
>   Asfan.
>
> joy bs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>         Dear Mark,
>   Your ideas are so nice, i am 34 yo, and fighting against
marriege. I am working in DXB and came back to India for a short
veccation. But i feel i didn't want this veccation and feel to go
back to work.
>   I have no parents, i am still alone, all my sisters got married
and living separate. Now my relatieves and friends are trying for my
marriege.  Its make my life so misarable. I dont want to marry, but
everyone telling me , how you will live alone, who will take care of
you. How can you live alone here? I Know out culture is so
difficult.  And i am tired of telling no.......
>   I was trying for a life partner ( gay) for the last 10 years. I
couldnt find any gays.  And i always feel that the gays are not
trustable,and dependable.  They will go when they meet another
atractive one.
>   Really i am so confused about my life. I dont know what to do? I
am always thinking about suicide .  Otherwise what to do?
>   You can see my profile in gaydar page...
>   www.gaydar.co.uk/joybs
>   Thank you
>   Joy
>
> Mark Gory <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>           NOT AN INTERESTING IDEA IT IS STUPID, THIS IS YOUR LIFE
NOT YOUR FRIENDS, PARENTS, OR ANYONE ELSE IT IS YOURS, I HAD TO TELL
MY PARENTS NO AND OH WHAT S SHOCK BUT I STOOD MY GROUND AND TODAY THE
LOVE ME FOR WHO AND WHAT I AM. I HAD A FRIEND THAT GOT MARRIED AND
DIED AT THE AGE OF 31 YEARS BECAUSE HE WAS NOT HAPPY HE JUST DROPPED
DEAD HE WAS SO MISURABLE HE HAD A JOB THAT TOOK HIM OUT OF THE STATE
A LOT SO HE DID NOT HAVE TO BE WITH HIS WIFE WHO HE REALLY DID NOT
WANT TO BE WITH ANYWAY BUT WHY GO THROUGH SOMETHING LIKE THIS YOU
ONLY HAVE ONE LIFE TO LIVE AND YOU SHOULD NOT ACCEPT ANYTHING BUT THE
BEST FOR YOU! ! ! ! ! ! MARRAGE IS FOR THOSE WHO FEEL IN THERE HEART
THEY WANT THIS AND NOTHING ELSE BUT FOR PARENTS ! ! ! ! ! ! ! TO SAY
YOU HAVE TO GET MARRIED YOU MUST STAND UP AND SAY NO !! ! ! ! !IF NOT
HELL NO ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !YOU WILL FEEL BETTER IN THE LONG RUN
AND REMEMBER YOU WHERE CREATED THE WAY GOD WANTED TO CREATE YOU AND
IT IS NOT FOR PARENTS OR ANYONE
>  ELSE TO CHANGE OR FORCE YOU TO BE ANYTHING ELSE.
>   GOD BLESS YOU I WILL BE PRAYING FOR YOU, I DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOUR
RELIGION IS BUT WE THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD AND I WILL PRAY FOR STRIGHT
AND GUIDENCE FOR YOU IN THIS MATTER.
>   GOD BLESS YOU,
>   REV. DR. MARK WILLIAM GORY

Answers

>   Never miss an email again!
> Yahoo! Toolbar alerts you the instant new Mail arrives. Check it
out.

>   Office firewalls, cyber cafes, college labs, don't allow you to
download CHAT? Here's a solution!

>   Looking for a deal? Find great prices on flights and hotels with
Yahoo! FareChase.