Back with the poems after a break for a few days. At yesterday's GB meeting the
subject came up about the problems people have finding love. And one reason
seems to be the huge expectations we have, the image of Mr.Right which is so
strong in our minds that we overlook Mr.Right Enough who's standing in front of
us. And by the time we realise the value of Mr.Right Enough, he's moved on.

  This poem, I think, beautifully sums up the truth that there are often two
people who could be in love with each other, but they never seem to be at the
same time:

  Delay

The radiance of the star that leans on me
Was shining years ago. The light that now
Glitters up there my eyes may never see,
And so the time lag teases me with how

Love that loves now may not reach me until
Its first desire is spent. The star’s impulse
Must wait for eyes to claim it beautiful
And love arrived may find us somewhere else.

-- Elizabeth Jennings

your freeaccount today.