I was around 14 when I discovered M&B at the neighborhood raddi wala  -
 I remember being fascinated with those tales of damsels and of
course, dark handsome men. I would choose the books based mostly on
the front cover men.

It took about a year for me to get over the fascination with M&B – but
not before it managed to add to my vocabulary the word  ``tumescence''.

The sentence went something like, ``her hands slipped and touched his
tumescence''. I can still feel the goose bumps that I got every time I
read the word, but unable to explain the reason. The dictionary was of
no help – it gave the meaning as ``a swollen part or organ''.

A late bloomer – I think it was only a couple of years later that I
actually understood what had swollen up - lol

shibu