*Within the history of the gains made by people of minority sexual
orientations and gender identities, it has been key to put the discussion
into spaces that are different from that of bed (sexuality), to strengthen
it from human rights and within them to include it directly or indirectly
within the political parties.*

*
Many times this subject had been posed to presidential or parliamentary
candidates, and in others, as is the case in Nepal, by their own candidacy *

*
Many people in different cities have launched ourselves into elective office
within a process of maturation and now the fruits start to be seen with the
victory of Sunil Plant, who deserves all of our respect and congratulations.
In other cities of the worlds we also have interesting processes of our own
candidates.*

*
German Humberto Rincon-Perfetti*

*Bogota – Colombia*

*
Nepal elects its first gay representative to Parliament.*

***Nepal – (365Gay.com) *

*Nepal has elected Sunil Plant, the founder of the Blue Diamond Society,
LGBT rights organization as its first gay representative to Parliament to
represent Kathmandu, the capital of Nepal. Thirty-five years old, Plant ran
for the CPN-U, one of the small national communist parties.  He was one of
the five members of the LGBT Community that ram for political office in the
election that was on the left side of the government of the Himalayan
country *

*
The election was key to obtaining the peace treaty between the Maoists and
the principal parties of the countries, which served to end the decade long
civil war in Nepal.  We were honored to sent Plant as our representative in
the constitutional assembly, declare the leader of the CPN-U, Ganesh Shah.  We
hope that with this will serve to improve the quality of life of the persons
that suffer the greatest repression in Nepal, dishonored as much by their
families as by their society, added Shah.  Last year Plant was honored by
the International Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Commission for his work for
the civil rights of the members of the LGBT community and for the promotion
of VIH/AIDS education.*

* *

*Homosexual acts are punished in Nepal with a sentence of one to two years
of prison.  Last December, the Nepal Supreme Court indicated to the
government the creation of new laws which protect the rights of gays and the
immediate change of the present highly discriminatory laws toward the
members of this community*