Hi there,
          I do get emotional watching TV, but defiantly not watching any dump
or crappy thing.

Sometimes I really burst out crying, after watching a real soul touching
expression. In my case, maybe due to the loss of a family member in recent time
has taken its toll. Even if I am away from my loved one, loneliness makes my
life hell.

In cases, it might be due to experience of emotional instability or just simply
fed up of lack of a loved one, in ones life.
Though, frequent bouts of getting emotional n shedding tears may need
professional help, as it maybe a case of serious depression.

Rajeev.