Your report of the Bombay Gay Pride parade brings me back many years.

We marched years ago in the New York City Pride parade, which started  uptown
at 57th Street at Bergdorf Goodman's and proceeded down Fifth Avenue to
Greenwich Village, at a snail's pace.

We marched with The Lambda Legal Defense and Education Group.   This group of
dedicated lawyers and supporters has defended many gay people and  causes in
the courts.  It has achieved many goals in its 25 years, and  proves that the
one sure way to our Equality is thru the courts.

There were also varied other groups: from Dykes on Bikes (quite a spectacle
as bare-chested dykes vwraoomed down Fifth on their Harleys)    PFLAG (
Parents and friends of Lesbians and Gay), our mothers, fathers,  brothers and
sisters,  and PWA (People with Aids)...... Oh how it broke my  heart to see a
former
lover in that group.

A Million strong......  AND MILLIONS MORE ON THE SIDELINES CHEERING US  ON.

But then, when we passed SAINT PATRICK'S CATHEDRAL, that neo-Gothic bastion
of conservative Catholicism, where we were greeted with signs and booing
chants  all declaring that we were the dammed of Satan.

And now, years later, years of some progress for our movement, we still see
"one step forward, and two steps backward."  Same sex marriage is now legal
in Massachusetts and California, and same sex rights are honored by many of our
 leading corporations...but our potential Presidents have both struck a blow
by  negating that ultimate right to us in their campaign speeches
yesterday...not to  mention women's rights and abortion.

And Where were these speeches?  In an Evangelical Christian  Church!  ( These
bigots make up 24% of our voters, and their hatred must be  preserved.)

So, have courage my brothers and sisters in India, the "best" is yet to  come!

Love,  Gordon and Jay from Santa Fe

Read reviews on AOL Autos.
(http://autos.aol.com/cars-Volkswagen-Jetta-2009/expert-review?ncid=aolaut00030000000007
 )