I read your incredibly beautiful description of an Indian Wedding.  I  think
that weddings are universally the same.  Each culture celebrating the
occasion in its own way.

My lover and I will be traveling from our home in Santa Fe, New Mexico to
Toronto ,Canada, where we will have a civil and religious wedding.  This
wedding is not only LEGAL AND BINDING  in Canada, but has recently been
recognized
by the Supreme Court of New York State where we reside for half the  year, as
well.

(We could have voyaged to Scandinavia, Spain or England for the same
ceremony...but this was closer !!!)

SO, never say "never."  Someday, even in India, we will be legal  !

Sincerely,

Gordon Micunis