More than 40% of India's population lives below poverty line, which means that
definitely more than 50% are living in worse conditions with respect to basic
needs of food water and sanitation.
Now I for one believe that if more than 40% are living in poverty and more than
50% in worse, then that makes a majority. So the film isnt really projecting a
wrong scene because it is showcasing the majority.

Countries like USA, Australia or England also have slums, but none of these
countries have 40% of their population below poverty, so they dont have to show
such movies based on their country because thats not a majority for them, but
for us it is.

People in this forum may sit in their AC offices, and live in posh colonies and
apartments but that doesnt mean that the entire India is like that. Majority of
the people more than 50% live in worse conditions.