Dear Moderators,

Very often there are requests from group members for help with their problems,
resulting in a plethora of suggestions from other members.  Though well-meant,
most of these suggestions are either inane or reflect on the immaturity of the
“helpers” themselves. Many of those offering suggestions seem to be very young
themselves.  If taken seriously, they may do more harm than good.

I would suggest that the gb and g_b group monitors set up panels of
psychiatrists, counsellors, doctors, etc., and that such requests be forwarded
to the respective person/s directly for an answer.  The question and the answer
can be then posted on the group site ( like an agony aunt/uncle column).  No
more discussion should be allowed on the matter to prevent any misunderstanding
to occur.

I have suggested this as I feel (very seriously) that quite a bit of
harm/confusion may befall the member of the group who has the problem if the
current state of affairs prevails. I do hope that my appeal is taken in the
right spirit it is meant to be.

Many thanks,

Asfan.

http://messenger.yahoo.com/invite/