Celina Jaitly sent a message to the members of Celina calls for gay rights in india.

--------------------
Subject: A struggle with slight pain.......

Dear members of CCGR,
Numerous intolerant and homophobic people have sent me abusive messages regarding my gay rights activism and launch of Bombay Dost on various websites including my own. It does not deter me from my cause but it saddens me that people have so much hatred not only towards sexual minorities but towards people who show them support. It is so unfortunate that people have not stopped their hatred against the gay community but have only learnt to mask it. My struggle has only just begin and i thank all those who stand by me in this human rights & human dignity issue. There are critics for everything a celebrity does so must I stop living and listening to my heart ?
happy to do this for all my gay friends....
Just stand by me.
Celina

On Apr 21, 2009 11:36am, Vivek R Anand <avive...@gmail.com> wrote:

Dear Friends,

After the Bombay Dost launch at the Oxford Book Store on 16th April 2009,

Celina Jaitley has been getting a lot of homophobic and abusive comments on

her website www.mycelinajaitley.com and www.bollywoodhungama.com.

The abuse is directed at her personally and she is being attacked for being

supportive of the LGBT community.

She says that she does not care and her activism will continue but it would

be great if we as LGBT people could write on these websites and show our

solidarity and support to one person who has dared to be with us and love us

for being ourselves. Those who attended the Bombay Dost launch will agree

that she is an extremely genuine and caring person.

The websites are being cleaned up of the venom but our support will give her

lot more strength and it is important for us to write positive

messages on these websites to counter all the negativity that she is facing.

The websites are: www.mycelinajaitley.com and www.bollywoodhungama.com

Thanks and looking forward to everyone's support

Vivek Anand

CEO -The Humsafar Trust

Advisory Board - Bombay Dost