Dear All

Hello! As you may be aware, in February this year TARSHI, along with 20
other organizations initiated a campaign and an open letter pressing for
support for sexuality education in India. It is 3 months since we sent this
letter. In the interim, we have heard that a Parliamentary Committee headed
by Mr. Venkaiah Naidu has disfavoured the introduction of sexuality
education in schools.

We are resending the link to the open letter which can be found on the home
page of www.tarshi.net and at
http://tarshi.net/programs/public_edu/open_letter_sexuality.asp and urging
to you to circulate this far and wide and encourage people to sign on to the
letter. We truly hope we can make this initiative count!

Please read a news article related to the Parliamentary Committee report at
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/4409307.cms. The NACO chief
is said to have slammed the same report by the Parliamentary Committee.
Please read about it at
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/India/Naco-chief-slams-Venkaiah-report/ar
ticleshow/4418604.cms
.

Please feel free to share this email among your networks, friends,
colleagues, press contacts etc because every signature counts!

Warmly,
Prabha

Prabha Nagaraja
Programme Manager
TARSHI (Talking About Reproductive and Sexual Health Issues)
11 Mathura Road, 1st Floor
Jangpura - B,
New Delhi - 110014, India
Phone: +91-11-24379070 /71
Website: www.tarshi.net

Sign the open Letter on Sexuality Education:
http://tarshi.net/programs/public_edu/open_letter_sexuality.asp