June 18, 2009

I worked at my current employer for 7 years and hiv poz for 3 years and
on Atripla and doing well with it!  I have been paying $35 a month for
Atripla on my current insurance plan!  Next month the insurance carrier
is changing and decided to place Atripla in a 4th tier (same class as
injectables) - going from $35 a month to 25% of the $1,788 Walgreens
charges = $447 without Atripla card / $247 a month with Atripla card!
This is a huge monthly spike for those on limited incomes and working!
This is a new trend and Atripla will send a card for only one year to
cover up to $200.00 of the co-pay!  I don't know what happens after one
year!  You are stuck paying the rest!  Word needs to get out about this
as this will force many into bankruptcy and homeless shelters due to
lack of funds to pay for their hiv meds!  It is time for HIV / AIDS
activist to march the streets again!  Silence is death!

Sincerely,
Jeff

founder of HIV Campground Project

www.atripla.com <http://www.atripla.com/>