Indeed the verdict is historic and means a great deal to us. But, at the same
time we have to take a closer look at the verdict. The verdict says Section 377
of IPC is in direct violation with Article 21 of Constitution which allows
equal rights to all citizens. So, legally LGBT community has a huge standing.

But accepted by the law is not the final word. What about the society? With the
help of the law we can exist but not live. To live a life we have to be in sync
with the society. For that the society has to accept us. The final battle will
only be won when society will be accepting us.

I am happy about the verdict but also, at the same time, I think that it is
just the first stepping stone of success. Still ahead a long way to go.

But thanks to all the dedicated people who made this possible and brought smile
and relief to thousands.

Now. I can really say that I am proud to be an Indian.

      See the Web's breaking stories, chosen by people like you. Check out
Yahoo! Buzz. http://in.buzz.yahoo.com/