---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <mit...@pitt.edu <mital...@pitt.edu>>
Date: Sun, Aug 16, 2009 at 07:07
Subject: H1N1 lecture
To: mt...@pitt.edu

Dear Indian Supercourse friends,

excellent Just-in-time (JIT) Supercourse lecture. This lecture has been
translated into 11 different languages in less than a week and it has been
updated to keep it current with new developments in the spread of the
virus. Please visit this lecture at
http://www.pitt.edu/~super1/lecture/lec34601/index.htm .The lecture has
been seen by millions of people.  As you know, our goal is to provide the
best network of global health experts and lectures for use in classrooms
and television. He is currently updating this concerning the situation in
India

We would like to work with the Indian Network to set up similar to
something developed in China. Jesse Huang was approached by CCTV, the
highest rated TV show to present on H1N1. He presented the Supercourse
lecture and served as an expert consultant. He reached an amazing 50
million people. It was very successful as many in China as our information
was viewed as more credible then that from the Government and the Media.

We are seeking members of the India Network who have links to the media so
that you and others could provide expert, credible information on H1N1
using the Supercourse lectures. This can be a global model for knowledge
sharing between scientists, and the media for India and the world. We
would like to work with you to disseminate this lecture to the greatest
number of people in India.

With regards,
Mita
Mita Lovalekar, MBBS, PhD, MPH