*Dear Editor**The Humsafar Trust, The Aanchal Trust and Astitva were some of
the organizers *
*of the Queer Azadi March held in Mumbai on the 16th August 2009. *
*We look upon Mid-Day as a publication empathetic to the LGBT rights cause.
*
*We thank you for your supportive coverage before and after the march.*

*However, it was disappointing to read yesterday’s edition which has
cast a shadow of unnecessary shallow controvery over it, demeaned its
very purpose, and possibly jeopardised the participation of prominent
Mumbai citizens in coming years. We refer to our friend Tushar Joshi's
story in yesterday's edition on a supposed spat between Ms Celina
Jaitely and one Ms Samabhavana Seth.*

*While we thank Ms Seth for her good intent to support the LGBT cause,
it cannot come at the cost of the purpose of the march. We wish to
categorically state that the exchange alleged by Ms Seth between her
and Ms Jaitely did not happen at all. Throughout the march, we were
part of the security ring that encircled Ms Jaitly, her friends and Mr
Ashok Row Kavi, who had received similar threats as Ms Jaitly. So we
should know.*

*To make it amply clear, at no point in time was there any
communication by Ms. Seth or by anyone on her behalf either to Ms
Jaitly or to the march organisers asking for security cover.*

*We request you to print this statement so the facts are known to your
readers and other well-known people like Ms Jaitely are encouraged to
march with us next year onwards without fear of being mobbed or their
names being drawn into controversy.*
*We thank you and Mr Joshi again for being supportive of the march and
repose faith in your commitment to good journalism.
*

*Sincerely*

*The Humsafar Trust*
*Ashok Row Kavi*