Hey,

Putting out the disclaimers first : This is not a report-report but a feedback
- and hence, not particularly comprehensive in terms of covering what happened
at the meet. It is essentially what ONE of the attendees took back from the
first parents meet that he attended. And I am writing this simply because I
loved it.

On a personal note, despite being physically unwell, I wanted to be there
because I had never attended a parents meet in the past - as also for my sister
who I recently came out to and who wanted to see people 'like me' and their
parents. The fact that my sister was to meet my boyfriend's mom for the first
time was definitely an added bonus.

Listening to the parents speak so pro-the cause was interesting and
encouraging. As Umang rightly put it, I did visualize my parents sitting there.
Aham's coming-out-to-the-househelp was very cute - so was the question about
attending a marriage as a couple. The topics ranged from short-lived
relationships to first-responses-to-a-gay-son's-coming-out.It was
interesting.to hear the different perspectives that the parents had. I also
personally feel that Mr. Desai made a strong point. The lawyer's elaboration on
the status of the 377-related case added an interesting dimension to the
discussion.

The movie made an interesting watch. It was well-made and the filmmaker very
beautifully narrated their vision behind making the movie. It was also
interesting to hear him add the baba-psychiatrist elaboration. The movie was
good but predictable for me but not for my sister who sobbed away on our way
back home thinking about it. I think this clearly explains that the movie had
made its point.

And yes, my sister smiled and held my hand (and did all the things a sister
would do in a Bollywood gay film about a sister and a gay brother) when
someone's sister talked about her gay brother and that she was extremely
supportive of him.

That's about it. I had a very good time. A heartfelt thanks to everyone who
made the event possible.

Regards,
Aaditya

          if you can read this.... thank a teacher