Truly appreciate your legal advice, hope and quick response, Aditya.

I will chose to start with the RTI. Hopefully, it will only be written
communication and no
house visits by the police.

When challenged, the junior police officers referred to an old copy of Article
377 and read
it to me. I challenged it again with the new law. They responded by saying that
they will continue to go by the old law untill they receive a circular. So, I
prepared a brief 'circular' (please see attachment). I could be legally wrong
on this. However, my gut instinct says - this might be the shortcut, the
easiest way. I approached a hgh court civil judge for his sign to confirm it.
He refused and said he was not authorised to sign ciculars. If you feel, taking
this step is ok - please advice - from whom and how can I get sign on the
'circular' from a lawyer / judge / public official of authority on law. Once I
get this, I will go to the head of the police department for his sign.

And, did I mention the beer bet I laid with the police officer (who arrested
me) challenging him that I would prove him wrong :). I hope I win - not for the
beer but for my honor & self esteem.

Sincerely,
A Free Citizen of Democratic Independent India - 2009