"No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin,
or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if
they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more
naturally to the human heart than its opposite." - Nelson Mandela

<http://lovequotes.symphonyoflove.net/nelson-mandela-love-quote-and-famo\
us-sayings.html>   How true isn't it? Nelson Mandela certainly was
right when he said `… love comes naturally to the human heart
…' A child knows no hatred or how to hate and yet he/she
instinctively feels the love and care shower by parents. A child
generally do not differentiate statue too; a child may be shy and
uncomfortable with strangers initially, but if the strangers treat the
child lovingly and kindly, he/she will eventually warm up to strangers.

Most adults on the other hand have the ability, through learned
experience, to differentiate people who are genuinely sincere and good
from those who are not. This is one of the reasons, and a valid one, why
parents find it necessary to protect baby from people who are not
genuinely sincere and good.
In the process of growing up, the child will see, hear and pick up
hatred we show to others along the way. We too had unconsciously learnt
to hate from our parents and people around us; not that they wanted to
teach us to hate on purpose, but through their words and actions, we
imitated them until at such time that their words and actions become
part of ours too. We eventually `pass' these words and actions
to our children. This is a vicious cycle that will stop only by
consciously teaching our children to love people from the heart.

However, in order for us to be fitting to teach our children to love, we
must first learn to love like them. Did I just contradicted myself? It
makes sense actually. We need to first learn to love people
indiscriminately and with an open heart from them. Then we lead by
example to love people indiscriminately and with an open heart. A
challenging thing to do but so is anything worth fighting for.

Through conscious teaching of ourselves and our young ones to love, I
believe that one day most, if not all, of us will be loving people.

How do you think we can work towards teaching people to love?
http://www.symphonyoflove.net/blog/1493/learning-to-love-from-children.h\
tml