Meeting guys through online dating sites is like gambling. You might end up
with a jerk / scammer or you might meet someone good.
I met my current partner through 1 of the dating sites, but before I met him
I had to go through the trouble of meeting new guys many of which were
freaks.
You just have to take the leap hoping to land safely.

Amit