A super film from one of my favourite directors. Enjoy.

Les Corps Ouverts (Open Bodies) (1998) - Sébastien Lifshitz

Director : Sébastien Lifshitz
Writers : Stéphane Bouquet (writer), Sébastien Lifshitz (writer)
Release Date : 24 June 1998 (France) more
Genre : Drama
Runtime: 44 mins.

Cast
Yasmine Belmadi ... Rémi
Pierre-Loup Rajot ... Marc
Margot Abascal ... The young girl
Mohamed Damraoui ... Father
Malik Zidi ... Classroom mate
Dora Dhouib ... The sister
Karim Belkhadra ... The grocer
Réjane Kerdaffrec ... The teacher
Sébastien Lifshitz ... Trick at gay club

Language: French.
Country: France.
Quality : Good, DVDRip
Subtitles : None found

Synopsis

One of my favourite French directors, Sebastien Lifshitz directed this French
drama, winner of the 1998 Prix

Jean Vigo. Born to a North African father and a French mother, 18-year-old
Parisian high school senior

Remi (Yasmine Belmadi) works part-time in an Arab grocery store while studying
management and

commerce. He responds to a school ad seeking subjects for a film, and Marc
(Pierre-Loup Rajot), who

placed the ad, auditions Remi by filming an interview with him. Marc, takes a
shine to him and wastes no

time luring him into bed. This experience unsettles Rémi and he begins to have
various sexual adventures

-- with a guy (Lifshitz) in a men's room and with a young woman (Margot
Abascal) who grabs him while

she's dancing in the street. Sebastien Lifshitz arrives to tell the complexity
of the world, people, and

situations; we plunge through his film as a spectator, in its fragile fragment.

Two years before making his acclaimed gay-themed drama Presque rien (2000),
Sébastien Lifshitz made

this equally compelling coming-of-age short film. The way in which the film is
shot and edited very

cleverly captures the confusion in the mind of its protagonist as he makes the
uncomfortable transition

from childhood to adulthood. Like Presque rien, it’s a very intense, brooding
film, with a striking sense of

realism. Actor Malik Zidi makes his first screen appearance (in a minor role),
a few years before director

François Ozon made him famous with his dark sex comedy Gouttes d'eau sur
pierres brûlantes (2000).

IMDb Link

http://www.imdb. com/title/ tt0156427/

Hotfile Links