I watched this last night and was glad I did so. It was light relief, after the
much darker story in "Amsterdam", which I'd seen just before. I liked  both
films equally, but for very different reasons. Try them both; I have made both
available. Enjoy.

Mentiras y gordas:Sex, Party and Lies (2009) - Alfonso Albacete, David Menkes

Directors:Alfonso Albacete,David Menkes
Writers:Alfonso Albacete & Ángeles González Sinde
Release Date:27 March 2009 (Spain)
Genre:Comedy, Drama
Plot Keywords:Rape, Oral Sex, Friendship, Overdose, Nightclub, Gay
Runtime:107 min (European Film Market)
Country:Spain
Language:Spanish
Subtitles:English
Further Info:See ScreenShots

Cast

Mario Casas ... Tony
Ana de Armas ... Carola
Yon González ... Nico
Hugo Silva ... Carlos
Ana María Polvorosa ... Marina (as Ana Polvorosa)
Alejo Sauras ... Bubu
Marieta Orozco ... Sonia
Miriam Giovanelli ... Paz
Duna Jové ... Leo
Maxi Iglesias ... Pablo
Esmeralda Moya ... Nuria
Asier Etxeandia ... Cristo
Marilyn Torres ... Koldo
Elena de Frutos ... Carmen
María Maroto ... Elina

Plot

A group of young people preparing for a summer of their lives, full of secrets,
lies, sex, a lot of confusion and evening parties. They do not know that once
they start this journey of discovery, they can not go back because the lies
that are told are too large and that the meaning of love can also suffer.

Revolving around this group of young people, some gay, some straight or bi,
some (most) into drugs and a few not, this is a fascinating glimpse into modern
Spanish youth culture, a country whose youth, indeed everyone, was oppressed by
dictatorship within living memory. A attractive cast of good lookers completes
the ensemble, with an attempt made at a cautionary message at the end. Most of
the film concentrates on the good times, however and how these hunky lads and
glamorous señoritas get it on together.

IMDB Link

http://uk.imdb. com/title/ tt0822833/

Hotfile Links