A fascinating look into what is usually a hidden world, one that is just as
fundamentalist  as anything that can be found in Islam or evangelical
Christianity. And just as horrifically homophobic.  I couldn't keep  my eyes of
the screen. Enjoy.

Einaym Pkuhot:Eyes Wide Open (2009) - Haim Tabakman

Director:Haim Tabakman
Writer:Merav Doster
Release Date:2009
Genre:Drama
Plot:A married, Orthodox Jewish father of four falls in love with a twenty two
year old male student.
Runtime:91 min
Country:Israel, Germany, France
Language:Hebrew, Yiddish
Subtitles:English srt
Further Info:See ScreenShots

Cast

Zohar Shtrauss ... Aaron Fleischman
Ran Danker ... Ezri
Tinkerbell ... Rivka Fleischman
Tzahi Grad ... Rabbi Vaisben
Isaac Sharry ... Mordechai
Avi Grainik ... Israel Fischer
Eva Zrihen-Attali ... Sara
Haim Zanati ... Ultraorthodox Weirdo
Mati Atlas ... Ex-Boy Friend
Iftach Ophir ... Head of Yeshiva Student in the Butchery
Safrira Zachai ... Fischer's Mother
Lidor Daudi ... Yakov
Tal Barak ... David
Bar Kalfin ... Shimon
Royi Zolicha ... Nataniel

Synopsis

Homosexuality in the Orthodox community is the subject of a very dark and
disturbing film, Eyes Wide Open (Einaym Pkuhot), which premièred at the Toronto
International Film Festival. Aaron Fleishman (Zohar Shtrauss) is a father of 4
who takes over the family kosher butcher shop following the death of his
father. Aaron's observant world is turned upside down with the arrival of a
young Yeshiva student Ezri (Ran Danker). When Aaron and Ezri begin spending
time together, Aaron is quickly ostracised within the Orthodox community.
Confronted by Rabbi Vaisben (Tzahi Grad), Aaron declares he was dead before
meeting Ezri. We see how quickly social control turns violent and ugly in the
Orthodox community when Ezri is forced to leave. Eyes Wide Open is set during a
dark and wet winter in al-Qods. Rain and the darkness of night are used as
metaphors for the ritual of cleansing and the omnipresent pressure to conform
in the Orthodox community. It has a strong cast
 and delivers a powerful message in a country divided by debates about the
growing influence of the Orthodox Jewish community.

IMDB Link

http://uk.imdb. com/title/ tt1424327/

Hotfile Links

http://hotfile. com/dl/45058630/ 4398527/Einaym_ Pkuhot_2009. avi.001.html