From: Mike Milton <mmilto...@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: g_b The GayBombay Sunday Meet at THANE on 06 March 2011
To: gay_bombay@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, 2 March, 2011, 2:02 AM

Wow, what a change from my days in India to now.

All I had was guilty feeling and meetings that were unholy and unlawful as well. I remember and even today I feel bad and cheated. I would not have left India, if not for those bondages and the insecure feelings and treatment in India. There absolutely was no independence. There were no social outlets such as the meetings proposed below where I could for once feel I was not the only one that was having need to meet men and feel wonderful in their company. Would have been nice to know that I was normal inspite of need for being with men and being sexually attracted to men.

I remember that I could never live in the present. When my brother and sister went off to play, I was afraid to go out. I was afraid that I would not be able to hold my emotions and my urges being with other boys. I was constantly worried that I would expose my true feelings, shame my family by showing my sick feelings. I remained a prisoner in my own home. Every chance I got I would go off by myself to seek safe company. Be it in majestic bus stand urinals, cubbon park, lalbagh or a crowded event in Gandhibazar. I was always thought that I was weird and could not build any relationship or adept at it either. Yet, after I came to US, I managed pretty well. Still all those days I lost as a teen are ones I will never get back. I can neither get the body nor the physique that some of my friends drooled upon and teased me. Yet, there was not one relationship with in close circles that I could depend on or confess my inner feelings with.

Dear friends, take this opportunity. Treat each other with respect and care. Go out and talk, have fun, relax ... so much important for longterm mental peace.

Thank the organizers for the opportunity. Live a little just like you dream of.  Good luck to all of you from the bottom of my heart.

Sorry, don't know what came over me .... the flood of memories that got me into this mood. Apologize if I have brought any negative feeling.

Regards,

Mike

PS:  Take some pics and post for others to see. (Only if safe and acceptable).