From: Q Adda <queer.a...@yahoo.com>
Subject: g_b QA Active - Transgender Sensitization Program
To: gay_bombay@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, 21 February, 2012, 11:01 PM

QA Active
hosts a discussion and a movie about
Transgender Sensitization

Objective: To help us understand the transgender as a person

For many of us a transgender (hijra / eunuch / cross-dresser / trans-sexual) is
a person to be kept away from. Perhaps even a person to be ridiculed. We seem
to be as phobic towards TGs as homophobes are towards gays and lesbians. Seldom
do we attempt to talk to TGs. What is it that they have to face in their lives?
What are their pains and dreams?

Urmi, a transgender, and her colleague who work for a transgender support
group, Kinnar Kasturi, will answer all those questions that you have and some
that you didn't know whom to ask.

Followed by the discussion we'll screen a documentary movie, Diaries of
Transformation. It was screened at Kashish Mumbai International Queer Film
Festival 2011 and is a part of 'Kashish Shorts' 2011 package that is currently
traveling across several festivals around the world.

The film captures the stories of seven individuals with trans identities in and
around Kolkata as they narrate their tales of love, violence and social
acceptance in times of change. Raju, Bini, Rai, Bhaskar, Tista, Suman and Sabir
come from very different socio-economic backgrounds. Yet, there are certain
interconnecting issues of social acceptance and finding a space in the largely
hetero-normative social order in each of these diaries which reflect the larger
image of how politics of power operate.

Do come. You owe it to yourself. You have nothing to lose but your phobia.

On Sunday, February 26, 2012
From 5:00pm to 8:00pm

The Humsafar Trust (DIC)
Manthan Plaza, 3rd Floor, Nehru Road,
Near Chakra Bar Restaurant, Vakola,
Santacruz East, Mumbai - 400055.

Closest Railway Stations: Santacruz and Kurla

Bus Stop: Vakola Masjid / Vakola Church

Recommended BEST bus route no. 313 between Santacruz and Kurla.

Other BEST bus routes: 37, 181, 213, 306, 311, 312, 322, 330, 374, 384, 413,
433, 449, 507, 517 and 619