Religion and church should concern themselves with god and the
spiritual, and not with men and how they fuck. The church belittles
its own raison d'etre. Silly them...

On 06/07/2012, asfan <asfa...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Church of Scotland now ‘radically liberal’ says minister who quit over gay
> clergy
> By CRAIG BROWN
> Published on Friday 6 July 2012 00:00
>

> A FORMER Kirk minister has claimed the Church of Scotland has become
> “radically liberal” and faces a “haemorrhaging” of evangelical membership
> over the issue of ordination of openly gay clergy.
>

> • Rev Ivor MacDonald cites induction of gay clergy and “radically liberal”
> Church of Scotland as reason for leaving Kirk
> • “[It is] clear that the denomination had rejected biblical teaching over
> the whole of life”
>

> The Rev Ivor MacDonald, formerly of Kilmuir and Stenscholl, on the Isle of
> Skye, will today become the first Kirk minister who left over the divisive
> issue of gay clergy to be inducted to a Free Church congregation.
>
> Speaking to The Scotsman about his reasons for leaving the Kirk, Mr
> MacDonald said that when the Church’s General Assembly upheld the decision
> by Queen’s Cross Church, in Aberdeen, to appoint openly gay minister Scott
> Rennie, a point of “no going back” had been passed.
>
> “It became very clear that this wasn’t about homosexual practice or not, it
> was about whether the Bible was authoritative in the Church,” he said.
>
> “In 2009, the decisions that were made in relation to this issue made it
> clear that the denomination had rejected biblical teaching over the whole of
> life.”
>
> He added that the 2011 Assembly ruling, stating that practising homosexuals
> that were already in posts could be inducted into other charges, confirmed
> that a “line had been crossed”.
>
> That resulted in him leaving the church in October last year.
>
> Mr MacDonald, 53, said that despite the Kirk’s insistence that no final
> decision would be taken on gay ordination until after the 2013 Assembly, he
> was “quite clear” that evangelicals had lost the debate already.
>
> Describing his departure from the Kirk as “heartbreaking”, Mr MacDonald said
> the Kirk had become “inhospitable to evangelical belief” and that its
> “radically liberal stance” would be unappealing to new ministers and result
> in a “haemorrhaging” of evangelical members.
>
> He said that his induction into a Free Kirk congregation in Coatbridge would
> be a “great relief” and offered a chance to move away from being part of an
> “embattled minority trying to assert biblical norms”.
>
> Ordained into the Kirk in 1993, Mr MacDonald had previously worked as an
> agricultural adviser with Scottish colleges.
> A Church of Scotland spokesman said Mr MacDonald was entitled to his
> opinion, but it did not reflect the views of the
> membership of the Kirk.
>
> He said: “No decision has been made about the ordination of people in
> same-sex relationships. That will be debated in the 2013 General Assembly
> and no doubt a decision will be made at some point after that.”

> [...]

ADITYA BONDYOPADHYAY
Development Sector Consultant
Advocate (Regd. No. F-218/192 of 1997, Bar Council of W.Bengal, India)

Website: http://adityabondyopadhyay.webs.com/
================================
Notice to all recipients:
Communication not intended for you but reaching you inadvertently needs to
be treated as confidential and destroyed or deleted immediately. Use of such
communication in a manner prejudicial to the interest of Aditya
Bondyopadhyay and/or his principals, and/or his clients, and/or his agents
respectively, may attract legal proceedings which may be of a civil or
criminal nature.

Aditya Bondyopadhyay and/or his principals, and/or his clients, and/or his
agents respectively cannot be held liable or accountable for any and every
communication reaching out through this email account that is an unaltered
forward of another communication received by this email account, or a
referred source available on the internet and accessible to the public.

http://groups.google.com/group/Gaybombay

http://groups.google.com/group/GayIndia

Public archives at
http://www.mail-archive.com/gay_bombay%40yahoogroups.com/maillist.html