Dear all,
This message was originally posted by J Pickett in the IRMA mailing list, but
as it is of significant value to this list too, I'm copying an pasting the
same - Aditya B
====••••••====••••••====••••••====••••••====
Is Frequent Anal Sex Unsafe?

Sex advice via Milwaukee Express

http://expressmilwaukee.com/article-20431-is-frequent-anal-sex-unsafe.html

By Laura Anne Stuart, MPH <http://expressmilwaukee.com/by-author-112-1.html>
Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=http://expressmilwaukee.com/article-20431-is-frequent-anal-sex-unsafe.html&t=Reading%20Is%20Frequent%20Anal%20Sex%20Unsafe?>
Twitter<http://twitter.com/home?status=Reading%20http://expressmilwaukee.com/article-20431-is-frequent-anal-sex-unsafe.html>
Google+<https://plusone.google.com/_/+1/confirm?hl=en-US&url=http://expressmilwaukee.com/article-20431-is-frequent-anal-sex-unsafe.html>
PinterestShare<http://expressmilwaukee.com/share.toolbox.php?theLink2Share=http://expressmilwaukee.com/article-20431-is-frequent-anal-sex-unsafe.html&theTitle2Share=Is%20Frequent%20Anal%20Sex%20Unsafe?>
Email<http://expressmilwaukee.com/engines/share.toolbox/ajax/send.by.email.php?theLink=http://expressmilwaukee.com/article-20431-is-frequent-anal-sex-unsafe.html&theTitle=Is%20Frequent%20Anal%20Sex%20Unsafe?&theContentType=article>
Print<http://expressmilwaukee.com/article-20431-is-frequent-anal-sex-unsafe.html#>

*My boyfriend and I have anal sex frequently. We both are disease-free, and
I let him ejaculate in my anus. I wanted to know: is that safe or will it
cause any damage to my rectum?*

Because anal sex is still often considered taboo in our society and thus
not discussed openly, there are many misconceptions about it, one of the
most common being that it is somehow inherently harmful. If it’s done
safely and with care, anal sex will not cause any physical damage to the
body.

It sounds like there might be two parts to your question: whether frequent
anal sex cause harm, and whether having someone ejaculate inside the anus
cause harm. Let’s answer the second part first. Ejaculate itself isn’t
harmful, but it can transmit STIs, which has led to a lot of safer sex
messages about using condoms during anal sex and not allowing someone to
ejaculate inside you. This might cause some people to worry that ejaculate
is bad, rather than the bacteria and viruses it can carry. Not so. If you
are both disease-free, your boyfriend ejaculating inside your anus is not
harmful.

In terms of physical safety, how frequently someone has anal sex is less
important than how carefully they are doing it. It’s really important to
use lots of lubricant (water-based or silicone are best). It’s also crucial
to pay attention to your body’s signals – if something hurts, stop. Don’t
force penetration. Let your partner know if you are feeling pain. While
it’s true that the anal area has a lot of delicate tissue that can tear
easily, if you’re using lube, communicating with your partner, and
respecting your body’s limits, you should be fine.

There’s some interesting new research emerging about whether lubricant
itself can cause damage to rectal tissue. I’ll talk about this more in next
week’s column, but it appears that the safest bet is to use a 100% silicone
lubricant or a water-based one with as few chemical ingredients as
possible. Any lube is still better than none at all.*

Laura Anne Stuart owns the *Tool Shed <http://www.toolshedtoys.com/>*, an
erotic boutique on Milwaukee’s East Side. She has a master’s degree in
public health and has worked as a sexuality educator for more than fifteen
years. Want Laura to answer your questions in SEXpress? Send them to *
la...@shepex.com <https://mail.google.com/mail/mu/mp/733/?source=nap&hl=en>*.
Not all questions received will be answered in the column, and Laura cannot
provide personal answers to questions that do not appear here. Questions
sent to this address may be reproduced in this column, both in print and
online, and** may be edited for clarity and content.*

--
Aditya B (Sent from Gmail Mobile on iPhone)