OK, I was wrong. Chris Auchinvole's speech may have been the most important in
this debate - it came midway in the process, at the second reading, and
probably helped persuade others in his centre-right National Party to support
same sex marriage.

But hands down the most memorable was this speech yesterday, also by centre
right National Party MP Maurice Williamson which is hilarious. He uses humour
to devastate opponents of same sex marriage, assures everyone of the most
important thing, that nothing in the world will change will the passage of the
bill, other than making it a bit more equal for lgbt people. And he even ends
with a real gay rainbow!

http://www.towleroad.com/2013/04/mwilliamson.html