Hi,

 Hypothetically speaking, When your soul mate asks you, 'If you had a chance to
convert me as a non living thing n keep me with you, what would you convert me
as?'

 Ones reply should be..

 Frankly, I can't live with you being a non living thing, it's too distressing.
I rather be non living, living with you. The whole idea is not to have you,but
rather being a part of you.

 So on first thoughts, being a precious locket comes to my mind...

 keep me forever as a precious locket, always hanging by your neck, near your
chest which hold your heart. dangling, left-right,left-right brushing against
your skin.

 You will keep checking on me. You can kiss me and hold me between your lips.
Bath naked with me, sleep with me, feel me, caress me, bite me, rub me,
playfully fidget with me and that locket is gonna go along with you, down your
grave as well... forever with you.

 But people lose their precious things and that's heartbreaking. Then I better
be a tattoo on your chest, hearing your heart beats. But one cannot do things
with a tattoo that I mentioned earlier.

 That's being in a fix, but hold on... I would ultimately choose to be both.
Have my soul split in equal halves in both, like the Lord Voldemort's
'Horcruxes'.

 Written by,
 Dreamlover4mi.