On 2005-03-02, at 03:36, Andrew Pinski wrote:

Actually I disagree with you GPC is much smaller than Java,

If you have only USCDII in mind yes. But not if you look after any of the usable, aka
Delfi, implementation of it. You always have to have runtime libraries.

and doing full converage
for a large project like GCC is sometimes a hard thing to do anyways.

So the reasoning is: "it is pain, give me more of it."?

In fact it is even harder than you thing, especially with code added (in reload) to do any full coverage.

Hugh? I see the argument that another front-end will exercise more of the back-end, since
chances are that it will trigger code paths in it which other languages don't use.
However I can hardly see any Pascal language feature/construct, which wouldn't be already
covered by the C++ or Java ABI.

Who cares it gets slower or more impractical to do what you are doing

I care :-).