> From: Gabriel Dos Reis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> |
> | Make them array arguments, instead of pointer arguments.  I'm not sure
> | if GCC is smart enough to still vectorize them in that case, but
> | that's the right way to express it.  An aligned array-of-floats decays
> | to an aligned pointer-to-float, i.e., the pointer is known to be
> | aligned, but the object pointed to is just a float not an aligned
> | float.
>
> Agreed.
>
> -- Gaby

But as Joseph pointed out we don't implement attributes on array
arguments so I get a warning when I try to use the __restrict__
attribute on the array arguments.  Without the __restrict__ attribute I
am sure we would not do any vectorization and then what is the point of
the test?

Steve Ellcey
[EMAIL PROTECTED]