On Sunday, March 27, 2005, at 11:58 AM, Per Bothner wrote:
Now I'm willing to fix those tests by adding -fno-show-column where
necessary

Ick. I favor adding it unconditionally to compile lines over this. See -fmessage-length code (gcc/testsuite/lib/g++.exp) for hints. And even that, I'm not sure I favor. For the short term, we can add it, as otherwise I suspect we'd create a requirement of a new dejagnu release and to use it, which I favor even less. dejagnu should also be enhanced to handle column numbers, even if we put in code to add the option.