Hello,

first of all, I'm sorry for off-topic, the question from subject might
look silly to you, since natural answer might be "it is very important",
but in the light of deciding what and how much memory will I need in AMD64
box, I've got into deciding troubles caused by the fact that I can not
test the hardware before purchase myself on my prefered benchmark (C++
(MICO) code compilation)

As some of the gcc developers seem to have AMD64 boxes, I would like to
ask for help or for sharing some experience here. I'm mainly interested in
the differences between T1 and T2 timmings and between memory modules
providing 2-2-2-5 and 2-3-3-6 latency. If the difference between let say
compiling libstdc++ with the best (2-2-2-5/T1 timming) and worst
(2-3-3-6/T2 timming) is lower than few percent, then this is no issue, but
if the difference is let say more than 10%, then I would like to "tune"
the hardware by using faster modules. Everything depends on how GCC is
using cache and how much cache it needs (I'm cosidering 512KB cache CPU
here either Winchester or Venice core) and that's the reason why I ask
here, since I've not been able so far to search by google for sufficient
answer for this question.

Thanks for any idea and sorry for off-topic!

Karel
--
Karel Gardas                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]