----Original Message----

  No problem, it's just a bit of advice that I thought was generic to enough
situations to bear repeating: if you've got a bug, always check the
bugzilla, because someone might have already found it and if you're lucky
they'll even have fixed (or at least explained) it.

> Thanks for the explanation.  I think I've bumped into a relative
> path problem before

  Yes, I remembered you tend to be building on Solaris, and I think it's
particularly on Solaris that this bug has manifested - most other systems
supply their own install utility, and so the gcc build system never ends up
needing to use the subsitute script.

    cheers,
      DaveK