On Mon, 11 Apr 2005, Julian Brown wrote:

> Quite a few of the 4.0 RC1 tests FAIL, though I'm not sure how many of
> these are regressions, and how many are just new tests which fail.

And a new test which fails may or may not be a regression - finding out
whether it is requires either testing the old compiler with the new
testsuite (e.g. using contrib/test_installed, but that doesn't do
libstdc++ testing), or running the tests manually with the old compiler.
(Whether or not it is a regression, it is still worth a bug report in
Bugzilla, as is any FAIL or XFAIL.)

--
Joseph S. Myers               http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~jsm28/gcc/
    [EMAIL PROTECTED] (personal mail)