> Martin Koegler wrote:
> Before I start experimenting with this, I want other people opinions,
> how acceptable this proposal will before GCC mainline or if it can be
> improved.

- sound's good, and a natural generalization of current mem ref attributes.

(However ideally, function parameter and result value references would need
 to be similarly qualify-able in order to enable the proper attributes to
 be associated and enforced when references to such attributed objects are
 passed-to/returned-from function calls; as otherwise the object's storage
 reference attribute will be lost; which could in theory could be enabled
 by allowing the qualification an arbitrary variable, parameter, result
 storage type reference as a natural extension; thereby allowing the
 specification of a pointer parameter to a static const value be specified
 as "(static const)*", as opposed to being parsed as "static (const *) by
 default which specifies a static pointer parameter which is prohibited,
 therefore wouldn't introduce an ambiguity if the optionally enabled.)