Richard Henderson wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 10:57:07PM -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
>
>>I would expect it to be drastically faster.  However this won't show up
>>clearly in the bootstrap.  The, bar none, longest bit of the bootstrap
>>is building stage2; and stage1 is always built with optimization off and
>>(IIRC) checking on.
>

> Which is why I essentially always supply STAGE1_CFLAGS='-O -g' when
> building on risc machines.

Alas, the --disable-checking and STAGE1_CFLAGS="-O2 -g" (which I was
already doing) only decreased the bootstrap time by 10%.  By far, the
longest bit of the bootstrap is building libjava.

--
Matt Thomas                     email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
3am Software Foundry              www: http://3am-software.com/bio/matt/