On 2005-04-27 17:30:25 +0200, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
> Vincent Lefevre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> | On 2005-04-27 15:30:39 +0200, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
> | > Vincent Lefevre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> | >
> | > [...]
> | > |

> | > It is an integer constant expression, and its evaluation yields a
> | > constant (see 6.6).  Can you explain why you believe that is false?
> |
> | I never said that it was false.
>
> Ah, then what exactly is your point?

That a constant expression isn't necessarily a constant (6.4.4).
So, if one says that some expression isn't a constant, it doesn't
necessarily mean that it isn't a constant expression.

Example: the expression 1+1 is not a constant, but it evaluates to
a constant (2) and it is a constant expression.

So, the only fact that a const variable is not a constant does not
imply that it is not a constant expression, and my questions above
have not been answered.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/>