On Sun, May 01, 2005 at 02:16:27PM -0400, Friends wrote:

> Only when I compile with an optimization level of "O2" or "O3" does the
> program exit with a memory access error.

It may be a bug in GCC and it may also be a bug in your program
(some problems like aliasing bugs only are exposed at higher
levels of optimization).

Without more detailed information it is impossible for us to
diagnose your problem.  Please report a bug following the
instructions in http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html.

> The web page states that you want the compiler command and any compiler
> output. Unfortunately, there is no compiler output, the program itself simply

The best way is to compile your code with -save-temps and give
us the .i file so that we can examine it.  The bug reporting page
has detailed info of what we need to help you with this problem.

Diego.