Hi,

I am porting gcc (version 4.0) to a CPU supporting conditional jumps, which does not have a CC register. I have combined the comparision and jump operation in the definition of "cbranchsi4" as show at the end of this message.

This works fine on gcc 3.4, however on gcc 4.0 it creates an error during optimization. According to my investigation, the error occurs when there is a division by a constant power of 2 which needs to be transformed into shifting. The error generated is:

internal compiler error: in emit_cmp_and_jump_insn_1, at optabs.c:3599

The definition of cbranchsi4 in the machine-description:

(define_insn "cbranchsi4"
    [(set (pc) (if_then_else
                (match_operator 0 "comparison_operator"
                                [(match_operand:SI 1 "register_operand" "r")
                                 (match_operand:SI 2 "nonmemory_operand" "r")])

                (label_ref (match_operand 3 "" ""))
                (pc)))]
    ""
  "c%C0jump %1 %2 %3"