On Tue, May 10, 2005 at 04:58:03PM +0100, Bernard Leak wrote:

> Dear List,
>
> Jonathan Wakely wants me to send a patch (or more than one).

:-)

> >Send a patch.
> Will do, after some further digging and sanity-testing, along the lines
> I have already indicated.  Did you expect it already?  I have to
> consider that not all builds of GCC are on UN*X-type boxes.  The
> existing machinery for submitting test results is rather non-portable:
> I don't want to do anything to make it worse.

Cool.  I'm sure plenty of people will be glad to look over it and verify
anything you're not sure about, just mention if you think a certain bit
needs extra attention.

> I've already sent a suggestion to O'Reilly fpr the next edition
> of "Linux in a Nutshell".  I'm thinking what can be done by way
> of producing a one-stop shop for nasty aliases and homonyms
> (libxml=gnome-xml and all the others) to go in the LDP.  Any
> other bright ideas?  Or can someone point me to where it has
> all been done before?

That sounds like a very good idea to me.
Here's one that bothers me when I move between different machines:
    soffice / ooffice

jon