On Mon, 2005-05-23 at 16:34 +0100, Richard Earnshaw wrote:

> > > Just to let folks know that mips-elf fails to build newlib.
> > > There's a segfault in is_gimple_reg_type(), which is being
> > > passed a null type.  I'm not sure if I'll have time to look
> > > at it tonight.
> >
> > I took a look and it seemed to work for me, I'll double check with a
> > clean tree and all multilibs in a bit.
> >
> > -eric
>
> This will be PR 21638.  There's been several proposed patches for this
> now, but none seems to have been committed.  It is getting a bit silly.
It's not a question of getting a bit silly, but a question of being
thorough.  Daniel's checking patch has exposed several more cases were
we are not getting those flag bits set correctly and IMHO this situation
has shown how important it is to get those bits set correctly.

I'd much rather take the time to fix all these problems, install the
fixes along with the checking bits to ensure they never come back
rather than to iterate on each one separately.

jeff