Gabriel Dos Reis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

| Hi,
|
|   I spent the week-end trying to get GCC -- mainline -- compilable
| (i.e. those compoenents written in C) with a C++ compiler (e.g. g++).
|
| My summary is:  It is largely doable and it is within our reach at this
| point of development.  More specifically, I successfully got all
| files necessary to build a native GNU C compiler on an i686-pc-linux-gnu.
| Attempt to get the GNU C++ compiler through the same massage is
| underway (but I'm going to bed shortly ;-)).
|
| I think this project is beneficial to GCC for several reasons:

I have received several inquiries as whether this is a project to have
GCC implemeted in C++.

The answer is no.

It is a project that will align us with our coding standard that codes
should live in the large intersection of C and C++.
Those not fluent in C++ should have to worry -- when/if they write
"good" codes in C :-).  Most certanly, patch reviewers will make
suggestions in case a patch falls outside. And since I brought the
issue, I volunteer to help fulfill that task.

-- Gaby