Andrew Pinski wrote:
> b) means that (-a)*(b-c) can be changed to a*(c-b) and other reassociation
> opportunities.

This is precisely the sort of transformation that, in my opinion, should
be separate from the hardware intrinsics. I mentioned this specific case
earlier in the thread (I think; maybe it went to a private mail).

The documentation should quote you above, instead of being general and
vague (lots of "mays", for example, in the current text).

Perhaps we need to have a clearer name for the option,
-funsafe-transformations, anyone? I may want to use a hardware
intrinsics, but not want those transformations.

..Scott