On Wednesday, June 1, 2005, at 11:01  AM, Daniel Berlin wrote:
Mike says sarcastically, as if this isn't what tiger did :)

Someday, get me drunk and ask me how hard abi compatibility is. :-( I hate how we did it, and I hate that it was necessary. I hate that bools on darwin are 4 bytes, because _Bool is 4 bytes, and once set, is set in stone.

Maybe in the future we'll have so much CPU and disk space and RAM that we can dispense with hard, inflexible abis... I''m gonna go off and hold my breath now...

Oh, and we already bought into a fixed libstdc++.dylib, so there's lots more fun and magic awaiting us.